Top of the mornin’ to ya! We all know St. Patrick’s Day is just one of those holidays that knows how to have fun. We get to wear all green and the lucky four leaf clover is the mascot. You are required to eat Green eggs and ham accompanied by a tall glass of beer, breakfast of champions. It doesn’t get any better than that. This famous holiday dates all the way back to the early 17th century in celebration of Saint Patrick. Here are some fun facts…
Did you know?
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in the United States on March 17, 1762, when Irish soldiers serving in the English military marched through New York City.
- More than 100 St. Patrick’s Day parades are held across the United States.
- New York City and Boston are home to the largest celebrations!
- At the annual New York City St. Patrick’s Day parade, between 150,000 and 250,000 marchers take part in the parade, which does not allow automobiles or floats.
- There are 34.7 million U.S. residents with Irish ancestry. This number is more than seven times the population of Ireland itself.
Keep Calm and shamrock on!