BLONDE ON A BUDGET
“My goal in life is to be filthy rich. Rich in adventure, in health, in knowledge, in laughter, in family and in love.” -Unknown
It is that time of year again, we get to be adventurous and enjoy the summer. People are outside soaking up the sun and enjoying the beautiful weather. Families and friends gather for barbecues, vacations to the beach, hiking, pool parties, trips to the lake and camping. Our calendars and schedules are filled with weddings, birthdays, baby showers, festivals and concerts. We have learned to plan our lives around these couple months of freedom and bright sunshine. Summer is relaxing, but it can get busy and expensive when you don’t take a minute to breathe and stop for a second. If your calendar looks like mine then you might feel a little overwhelmed and double booked. You don’t want to miss out right? Trust me, I know the feeling. I am trying to make a conscious effort and slow down while I enjoy one of my favorite seasons of the year. Budgeting isn’t always about a financial plan and numbers. You can help yourself financially by slowing down and working on you.
- Say NO to temptation. When your friends hit you up and ask you to leave work early and go to happy hour…say no and save it for the weekend. I always tell myself to work hard now and play hard later. Yes, I totally talk to myself in my head… it works for me.
- Pencil in some R&R and have date night. We all need some time to ourselves. I like to schedule a date with myself.
- Take advantage of the extra vitamin D. Wake up earlier and absorb the extra sunlight in the mornings with exercise, yoga or any way you might find beneficial. Enjoy the breathtaking sunsets at night. This extra time and light is a form of energy and release we should all embrace. I’m definitely a noob, but I like doing yoga in the mornings, well attempting. I give myself an A for effort and trying something different that I wouldn’t necessarily do. I usually workout in the evening, but if I can catch a sunset or go on a mini hike, I’m there!
- Find adventure and explore. I love seeing new places, faces and learning new things. I’ll call them adventure days, they have become some of the best days and biggest learning experiences of my life. I love exploring, driving alongside a friend including my four-legged friends, talking about anything and everything for hours, having no plan, taking in new sights, losing track of time, marveling at the views, laughing and smiling just because I’m happy and embracing the pure form of thrill. We’re never in a race to arrive or leave. Wherever you adventure to this summer – make sure you slow down, do a little dance and soak it all in.
- Turn it off and unplug. Each day I commit myself to no technology or social media. It sounds hard and for some of us scary, but honestly out of sight out of mind. During my time unplugged I prefer to embrace the world and its beauty. I’ll usually go outside in my yard lie on a blanket and look at the sky while I watch the clouds drift, count the birds, listen to the sound of nature, play with the grass and blow bubbles. Yes you read it right, I love bubbles. Don’t think just let your mind wander and listen to the music.
So if you need to slow down and you’re on a tight budget try some of these things, relax and be free without spending.
Are you really financially stressed? If so, Fast Cash Title Loans, LLC. can give you a hand and get some extra money in your pocket. Call the team, go to our website or stop by the office and we can give you a loan to get you back on your feet! #titleloans #fastcash #money #cash #fctl